ADD SECURITY/TRUST BADGE TO PRODUCT PAGE
“IF PEOPLE LIKE YOU, THEY’LL LISTEN TO YOU, BUT IF THEY TRUST YOU, THEY’LL DO BUSINESS WITH YOU.”
It’s important to reassure shoppers that their personal information and credit cards are protected. Why? Twenty percent of shoppers don’t purchase because they are concerned about security according to Baymard. Even the largest, most-trusted brands can benefit from labeling buttons with the words “secure checkout.” Through A/B testing, we’ve seen a 2.73% lift in conversion when locks and security badging were added to the cart and checkout.
• Drive Customer Confidence and Conversion with Ecommerce Security Logos. Trust badges play an important role in helping you to gain the trust of your customers.
• For eCommerce retailers, this kind of trust is paramount: it is a key factor that will allow building your online store, attracting traffic and encouraging site visitors to go to your site instead of your competitor's.
When customers visit an eCommerce site, they want to feel:
• That their money and personal information is safe
• That the product or service that they receive will meet or exceed their expectations
• That they will complete their transaction and receive their order in a timely, reliable manner
If a site does not have trust indicators - like a seal of trust - that encourage these feelings, prospects will likely bounce and visit a site that makes them feel more comfortable.